Heritage Parks Federation
The management of the Majjistral Nature and History Park has been entrusted to 3 non governmental and non profit organisations that have been involved in the management of cultural, natural and coastal resources for a number of years, namely:
- Din l-Art Ħelwa, which has restored and is managing several coastal towers and other heritage sites, as well as the Foresta 2000 afforestation site in Mellieħa
- The Gaia Foundation, which works in the field of integrated coastal zone management, and has been managing the Natura 2000 sites at Ghajn Tuffieħa in Malta and Ramla in Gozo.
- Nature Trust (Malta), managers of Wied Għollieqa Nature Reserve and Xrobb l-Għaġin Nature Park.
The 3 organisations have set up an association called the 'Heritage Parks Federation' to facilitate the integrated management of the Majjistral Park. This was registered by public deed in the acts of Notary Dr. Hugh Grima on the 6th of February 2008.
The Federation has a distinct legal personality, and is run by an executive committee made up of persons appointed from amongst its 3 founder members, and chaired by a rotating presidency. The members of the committee are:
- Rudolf Ragonesi (The Gaia Foundation)
- Simone Mizzi (Din l-Art Ħelwa)
- Annick Bonello Cassar (Nature Trust)